School is so ridiculously busy that I have no time to think about leaving the country. Yes, I know I ship out next Friday, but right now, ALL I’m thinking about are the three homeworks, two final exams, one project, and one presentation that are ALL DUE THIS WEEK!!! And my roommates don’t help me focus, since they’re too wonderful for me to want to ignore. bittersweet moment, right there. It’s also dumb that my last weekend with the boy will be tainted with studying and projects. Life is a whirlwind right now, and I can hardly keep my head on straight, and it’s blowing, blowing, everywhere and I just know it’ll leave me standing there, wondering where my spring break went to! (what spring break?) I’m kinda glad Easter’s not in four weeks. It’s nearer the end of April, right? Good, cuz if it were April 3rd, like I originally thought, that would be the Sunday right before I start work, and that would be tricky, since I hear that Germany kinda shuts down during Easter. Well, the businesses do. So, starting a co-op at that time would have been cah-RAZY! (just in case you’re wondering... I STILL don’t have a job. Don’t let my talk of a co-op fool you.) I’m beginning to blame my email for not bearing me good news about a job placement. It kinda goes like this: I get an email from Gayle Elliot, our ICP advisor, about a company rep she’s talked to, or I maybe get an email from HR from a place about other documents I need to send them, then I’m satisfied that forward progess is being made in the job search, so I’m calmed down for a little bit. That lasts about 24 hours. Then I obsessively check my email for more good news, then get really angry that there’s no “(1)” next to the “Internat’l Co-op” folder. (Yes, I’m lame enough to have made a rule that all incoming messages from any company remotely german gets shunted into its own folder.) Then I just get really anxious. And scared. And my stomach drops and feels cold then growls because I haven’t fed it in over 30 minutes. But Bridget and I have grand plans to tour Germany if neither of us gets a job. I really hope I get a job here, soon. ..... yeah.
AWWW, I was mentioned in your blog! I feel special :D
ReplyDeleteWe will get jobs and everyone will be jealous because they will be exactly what we want. Just wait and see.