6/22/11

Weather is Awesome

Sometimes when Willner (bossman) makes a joke about the project being ornery (man, do I have trouble pronouncing that word), I am not amused. This doesn't help me with my "frustrated appearance" though, so maybe I should work on actively smiling/giving a dry laugh whenever Willner smiles after saying something. But sometimes, I see absolutely no humor in the cruel irony of engineering projects.

At one point today, the guys on either side of me were both on the phone. When that happens, I like making believe that they're talking to each other

MAN! Croissants are so deceptive!! "Oh, I'm not greasy, I'm only bread!!" and the next time you turn around, you find that they've peed grease EVERYWHERE!!! BAD pastry, BAD!!

Question for the masses (that means YOU!): If I put the songs from the Boat Tape in regular musical library rotation, will hearing them repeatedly in a non-nautical setting cause me to become jaded to their brilliance? Will some of the happiness I feel when I hear those songs (because hearing those songs is like being on the lake!) be less poignant if I hear them on a regular basis? Should I add them at all? I am in a quandary! Any advise you have to offer on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Any time I walk into the cafeteria at work and smell sauerkraut, I get insanely happy. (Because it doesn't happen a lot. You think it would, it being Germany and all, but they have real food here, more often than not. Not that sauerkraut and bratwursts aren’t real, but.... you get the point.) But I am reaching the tipping point with the brats... I WANT A MET!!!! Though if you ask anyone who comes from outside the Greater Cincinnati Area, they might say I’ve been eating mets all along! Poor, confused people with no German heritage to set them straight!

There was a noise today during work coming from the construction site outside of the building. I could've sworn it was a couple vuvuzelas.

Ever since we set a date for the saftey meeting (for the testing field), nothing has been done on the orifice project. I spent last week on my other project, calculating (finally) the moments of inertia for that entire motor. At the end of Thursday, I got numbers. So I was happy. But these numbers were somewhere in the neighborhood of several TRILLION. Something tells me that's not right. And I was so confused, because I used all the right formulas! There's no reason it should not work! I left work that day puzzled. I came into work on Monday and realized that I've been writing down the units wrong, so when I converted mm-squared to m-squared, I multiplied by a billion instead of dividing. Whups. But, PROBLEM SOLVED!! Yaaaay! Now, hopefully, I can write up this SOP for the customer on how to find the inertia around whatever axis suits their fancy, and we can get this to them endlich! The initial request for this information was on February 8th. I don't know why they waited until I was here for a month to spring this project on me, even though I had to wait for another guy to help me since I don't have the means to access the necessary information. Sigh, I just don't get it.

This morning, at 9, I see the entire building gathering at the front of the room again. What is it, this time? I ask Sylvia, and she said We're having breakfast, but I see nothing! 9:05, this guy announces that the kitchen had the wrong time, and that breakfast would come at 10 instead. Sigh, okay. So I go back to my desk and drink my hot chocolate and eat my strawberry and quark pastry, which I got because I didn't know they were going to FEED me!

I really REALLY wish that somehow anyone who calls Herr Berr (the guy sitting next to me) could hear what happens during the two seconds before he answers the phone, because sometimes he is super annoyed when the phone rings or when he sees who is calling him and either slams his fists on his desk, or grumbles loud enough for me to hear him, or both. And then he answers, sounding perfectly normal!

Does it grind anyone else’s gears when they’re reading an article and it says “The person spoke on condition of anonymity because BLANK is supposed to be confidential.” IT MAKES ME ANGRY!!! If it was supposed to be CONFIDENTIAL, then WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IT AT ALL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

Okay. I’m done. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment